MENU

Monday, August 12, 2019

Skipping Rocks and Belief in the Seemingly Impossible

Hi Everyone,

One of my summer goals was to get to the beach once a week. At the end of every summer, my biggest regret, always, is that I didn't get to the beach as often as I'd like. The beach is such an amazing place. You have the beautiful sky, ocean, feet in the sand and you sit still while breathing in the salty air. When I think of how often, I just sit in one place outside, it is regretfully not often enough. When I'm at the beach, I'm reflecting and connecting with the people closest to me. The beach instantly puts everything into perspective because it's so simple. It just is there, in all its glory waiting for you to absorb some of it's amazing clean energy. You just have to be there and you don't have to do anything. There are no expectations and no limits. The beach is a spiritual connection and a reminder that the universe is divine. It's a reminder that you are divine.

While taking one of my many beach walks with my family, we were pickup up stones. Marcus found a flat stone and noticed it's smooth, flat qualities. He began to skip stones. The girls were amazed. This set out a search for the best flat stones for Marcus to skip more stones. I started skipping my own stones. The girls, seeing that I can skip stones starting trying and went through the same issues we all had while first learning. First, the stone drops in because we're using an upward motion. The stone drops right in. The stone is at the mercy of our throws. They tried again and again, and Marcus and I coached them to throw sideways, lightly, and tirelessly our girls tried and blop blop, the rocks kept going in to the ocean with no skips.  Noticing they were getting frustrated, I picked up a good, flat rock. I told them that they had to just skim the top of the ocean, just the surface like this. They watched again, awestruck as my rock skipped three times.

They tried again, having some inconsistent success. I said, you know, every time you throw, you have to believe every time in the impossible. It seems impossible that the rock could skim the ocean and hop and that you can make that happen. Believe in the seemingly impossible and you can make it happen. Be patient. 

After that idea sunk in, they were very consistent, getting three and four skips in a row with every rock. It reminded me of something we forgot as children. We have had failures that have put a boundary around every possibility that is really right within our grasps. Believe in the impossible and make it possible. You are amazing and can skip all your stones. Make ripples, make splashes, and achieve all of your incredible dreams. Believe. 







Namaste.
Pop is best served up as a side dish to life...
Christine Rap

No comments:

Follow Us On Facebook