MENU

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Girl, Wash Your Face and other reflections

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I last posted. My finger nails are so long and I am stumbling through this keyboard like I'm walking on cobblestones with heels. I just thought you'd like to know that.

I now have two teenagers and have reentered the workforce as a teacher for about six years. I absolutely love my job. It is a dream come true. I have always wanted to be a teacher as far back as I can remember as a child. There were many times I freaked out my mom when she listened to my imaginary play of 'my classroom' because I had convincing character voices for my students. In what was a whirl wind sprint, I completed my bachelor's degree, master's degree, passed the MTELs (MA Teacher certification exams), internship, and got a job in a span of four years.

So, ladies, I finally had manifested this dream. I should have felt accomplished. I should feel like I can sit back and reap the benefits but I don't. In fact, having time as a stay-at-home mom lent itself to a lot of reflection as to who I am. None of that matters in a world where people can decide who you are, right? I spent the first few years of my teaching career like I was a twenty year old getting her feet wet. I was eager to prove to everyone that I was a dynamo and worthy of being a teacher. Sure, I had jumped through the state's requirement hoops and graduated with honors...but was I truly worthy? This weight sat with me all the time. Was I worthy of of being called a good mom? I mean, I was the epitome of people pleaser. I had been my whole life. This is how I truly realized the gravity of my paradigm.

Ladies, I read 'Girl, Wash Your Face.'  My brain nearly exploded. I was putting too much emphasis on what other people thought about me. My persona power was gone...until I read this book. I wish this book was around in my twenties. Rachel Hollis is amazing. I realized that everything that I have and don't have is/was a manifestation of my own. This in itself is not groundbreaking information. There are even nursery books that teach children about perception. However, I experienced the biggest paradigm shift of my adult life. My thoughts are elevated, I am inspired for meaningful change that comes from my own soul. Fear is silenced. I didn't realize how silenced my 'voice' was.

After I finished 'Girl, Wash Your Face', I had to read Rachel's second book called 'Girl, Stop Apologizing'. This book honed my newly created abilities to take responsibility for my own path in life. The coconut has been cracked wide open and my spirit is enlightened.

So, here I am with a laptop, a coffee and a dream. Your turn to be inspired. Muah.





Enjoy today!

Pop is best served up as a side dish to life.
Christine

No comments:

Follow Us On Facebook